Lifeguard Certification Course
This Lifeguard Certification Course requires participants to complete an online blended learning course as well as 2 days of onsite classroom and in-water training. By registering for either day you are automatically enrolled in both days, so please register for only one date.
This Lifeguard Certification Course is to provide entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over.
- Participants must be 15 years old
- Participants must complete the required online course before attending the registered 2 day course
- Pass the following swim test on the day of class:
1. 300-yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke2. 2-minute tread using legs only3. Retrieve a 10-lb dive weight from 7 ft deep, surface and swim 20 yds with the weight, using legs only and exit the pool without using a ladder
- Complete the required online course before the first day of class.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
- Pass the final skills scenarios.
- Successfully pass final written exam with a minimum grade of 80%.
American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
Find Out About Lifeguard Jobs:Lifeguard Jobs
Must complete online course through the American Red Cross. To register, please click on the button below and complete the online course. Online course completion certificate must be presented at the in-person skills portion of the class in order to participate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AMERICAN RED CROSS ONLINE LEARNING PROGRAM CAN TAKE UP TO 8 HOURS TO COMPLETE. IT CAN BE DIVIDED UP OVER A NUMBER OF DAYS, OR TAKEN IN ONE SITTING. PLEASE ALLOW AMPLE TIME TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE.
Online Class Registration