Lifeguard Certification Course
This Lifeguard Certification Course requires participants to complete an online blended learning course as well as 2 days of onsite classroom and in-water training. By registering for either day you are automatically enrolled in both days, so please register for only one date.
This Lifeguard Certification Course is to provide entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over.
- Participants must be 15 years old
- Participants must complete the required online course before attending the registered 2 day course
- Swim Test: Continuous 300 yard swim, continuous 2 minute water tread and one timed brick carry
- Lifeguarding Presentation
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid
- Completion of in-water skills and test outs
- Pass both CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid and Lifeguarding Skills final written exams with minimum grades of 80%
WHAT TO BRING
- Completed print out of online blended learning course
- CPR Mask, however masks can be purchased when you arrive for a $20.00 fee
- A swimsuit
- Lunch or lunch money
American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
Find Out About Lifeguard Jobs:Lifeguard Jobs
Must complete online course through the American Red Cross. To register, please click on the red button below and complete the online course. Online course completion certificate must be presented at the in-person skills portion of the class in order to participate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AMERICAN RED CROSS ONLINE LEARNING PROGRAM CAN TAKE UP TO 8 HOURS TO COMPLETE. IT CAN BE DIVIDED UP OVER A NUMBER OF DAYS, OR TAKEN IN ONE SITTING. PLEASE ALLOW AMPLE TIME TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE.