The purpose of the instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguarding Blended Learning, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterpark skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Bloodborne Pathogens Training courses and/or Modules.
- Participants must be at least 17 years old.
- They must possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification or an equivalent certification from another organization.
- Successfully complete the online session and the pre-course exam.
- Lifeguard Instructors Manual
Criteria for Course Completion & Certification
To complete the course successfully, the participant must:
- Attend the entire course.
- Participate in all skill sessions and scenarios.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios.
- Complete all four practice-teaching assignments.
- Pass the final written exam for Bloodborne Pathogens, Administering
- Emergency Oxygen and Instructor Course with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
Aliso Viejo Aquatic Center 29 Santa Barbara Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
$450.00 (Participant is responsible for bringing his or her own breathing barrier. Breathing barriers can be purchased on site for a $20.00 fee)
COURSE TRANSFER/CANCELLATION FEE
There is a $25 cancellation/transfer fee for all Health and Safety Classes. For courses cancelled less than 48 hours before the course offering, there will be no refunds.