Welcome and thank you or your interest in employment with Premier Aquatics. We are so excited that you have chosen to research working on the Premier Aquatics team, and most importantly, we are excited that you taking the steps to understand what our expectations are for our staff team.
Expectations of Employment
The expectations of employment at Premier Aquatics are very similar to that of any other job that you may choose to pursue. For many of our team members, we are the first job experience that they have, and while we are aware of that fact, we still hold our staff to a very high standard.
Below you will find a few bullet points on what the standard expectations include.
- Staff commits to a standard schedule which is updated quarterly. This means if you commit to a Tuesday shift from 4:00pm- 8:00pm, that shift essentially belongs to you for the quarter.
- Obviously, things come up and from time to time you won’t be able to work (school commitment or personal commitments). If this happens, you will be responsible for finding coverage for shifts that you cannot work.
- Staff is expected to work a minimum of 2 shifts per week.
- Staff will work shifts that range from 3 hours to 8 hours, depending on age restrictions and availability.
- Staff will request days off AT LEAST 2 weeks in advance. The earlier the request is submitted, the more likely it will be approved.
- Staff will receive raises based on points earned through our Staff Incentive Program.
- Staff is paid every 2 weeks and will be employed as a W2 employee.
Reasons for Discipline
Although we pride ourselves on our hiring and training process, we do have to discipline staff from time to time. Discipline can range from a verbal “write up”, and written “write up” (effects pay raises and shift preference), to termination for major offenses.
Below is a list of sample offenses that can result in discipline. These are just small sample to help illustrate our expectations.
- No show to a shift- Immediate Termination
- Cell phone use during a shift- Immediate Termination
- Late to a shift- Write up and loss of Premier Points (incentive program points)
- Poor appearance- Write up and loss of Premier Points (incentive program points)
- Poor attitude- Write up and loss of Premier Points (incentive program points)
- Failed in-service training- Write up and loss of Premier Points (incentive program points)
Although we hope we never have to utilize any of these disciplinary tools, we feel it is important to be upfront to all prospective team members about our expectations.