StarGuard Crossover & Renewal
StarGuard’s Crossover requires participants to complete an online, blended learning course and a one (1) day eight (8) hour water skill course.
This Lifeguard Certification Course is for individuals who are currently certified in a recognized program other than StarGuard (American Red Cross, YMCA, Ellis & Associates or NASCO). The focus during training is on competency assessment, methods and approaches that are specific to StarGuard, and facility-specific response methods.
This course is also designed for individuals currently certified as a StarGuard Lifeguard who are wishing to renew their certification.
Our courses are designed and taught by industry-leading professionals who are motivated to help prepare you for the many incidents that can arise. At the same time, in, on, and around the water as you begin or advance your career as a Professional Lifeguard. This is done as we progress through the coursework as a class, in small groups, and, when necessary, in one-on-one training with your certified instructor.
Lifeguard Certification Prerequisites:
- 15 years or older to participate
- Participants need the personal email address for online training
- Online training must be completed before the start of training
- Classroom & pool setting – dress accordingly
- Swim 50 yards/meters without stopping
- Swim 50 yards/meters with a rescue tube across the chest
- Tread water for 1 minute without the use of hands
- Retrieve 10-pound object from the bottom of the pool
Please note that transportation may be required between pool and classroom locations. If you are unable to drive yourself, your instructor will help coordinate transportation. Your instructor will be able to give you time frames for when transportation is required based on the pacing of the class.