ARC Shallow Water Lifeguarding (Blended Learning)
The primary purpose of the Blended Learning Shallow Water Lifeguarding (up to 5ft) is to train Lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations, both in and out of the water in facilities with water depths up to 5ft. Topics include water rescue skills, surveillance and recognition, first aid, breathing, and cardiac emergencies, CPR, AED and more.
At-Home Online Work
- You will need to complete the online content for the lifeguard course before you show up to your course and bring your certificate of completion to the class. To access the online content, you can click the link below:
- Swim Test: Continuous 100 yard swim, continuous 2-minute water tread, and one-timed brick carry
- Shallow Water Lifeguarding Presentation
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid
- Completion of in-water skills and test outs
- Pass both CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid and Shallow Water Lifeguarding Skills final written exams with minimum grades of 80%
WHAT TO BRING
- Completed print out of online blended learning course
- CPR Mask, however, masks can be purchased when you arrive for a $20.00 fee
- A swimsuit
- Lunch or lunch money
Please note that transportation may be required between pool and classroom locations. If you are unable to drive yourself, your instructor will help coordinate transportation. Your instructor will be able to give you time frames for when transportation is required based on the pacing of the class.