Lifeguarding Recertification Course
The Lifeguarding Recertification Course course is designed for those who are currently certified lifeguards with valid certification in Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED or those who have not expired by more than 30 days. It allows these individuals to demonstrate that they are still proficient and up-to-date in their skills and knowledge as a Certified Lifeguard of the Red Cross of America.
Candidates will complete a new set of the Red Cross online course work (accessible here) and attend 1 in-class session to demonstrate practical skills and techniques both in and out of the water.
The Lifeguarding Recertification Course course is meant to refresh and rectify current lifeguards who know the skills and procedures associated with the current lifeguarding certification, not to re-teach.
Our courses are designed and taught by industry-leading professionals who are motivated to help prepare you for the many incidents that can arise while in, on, and around the water as you begin, or advance, your career as a Professional Lifeguard. This is done as we progress through the coursework as a class, in small groups and, when necessary, in one-on-one trainings with your certified instructor.
To access the online portion, go here. You will just need to create an account and set up a password. This course will normally take between 8-12 hours to complete. If you have any issues registering for the course, please contact the American Red Cross directly at 1-800-733-2767. We do not have access to your American Red Cross account.
- Provide proof of valid Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Successfully complete the Blended Learning Lifeguarding Course Content. To access the online portion, go here.
- Pass the following swim test on the day of class:
1. 300-yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke2. 2-minute tread using legs only3. One Brick Carry
WHAT TO BRING TO THE LIFEGUARDING RECERTIFICATION COURSE
- Printed copy of completed online course certification
- Printed copy of valid Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED Certification (or expired less than 30 days)
- A swimsuit
- Comfortable warm clothes
- Lunch or lunch money
- Resuscitation Mask (available for purchase onsite)
You don’t have a Current American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification?
Work as a Lifeguard
With a current Lifeguard Certification, you make yourself eligible for the ultimate summer job! Click here to learn about lifeguarding at Premier!