Lifeguard Instructor Course
The purpose of the Lifeguard Instructor Course is to train instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguarding Blended Learning, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterpark Skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Bloodborne Pathogens Training courses and/or Modules.
Lifeguard Instructor Course Prerequisites:
- Participants must be at least 17 years old.
- They must possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Successfully complete the American Red Cross online session and the pre-course exam before the registered start date ($37 fee for the Red Cross online course)
- Participant is responsible for bringing his or her own Pro-rescuer CPR mask to both days. However, masks can be purchased on site for a $20.00 fee
To complete the Lifeguard Instructor Course successfully, the participant must:
- Attend both days of the Lifeguard Instructor Course
- Participate in all skill sessions and scenarios
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios during the Lifeguard Instructor Course
- Complete all four practice-teaching assignments during the Lifeguard Instructor Course
- Pass the final written exams for Bloodborne Pathogens, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Instructor Course each with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
** No refunds will be issued to participants who do not complete any prerequisites or course requirements **
What to bring:
- Proof of age
- Proof of your completed online course work
- Proof of you current American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Bathing suit
- Paper and pen to take notes
- Lunch or lunch money
- Pro-rescuer CPR mask (available for purchase on site)
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor