Lifeguard Instructor Course Virtual/In-Person- 4 days
The purpose of the Lifeguard Instructor Course is to train instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Lifeguarding Blended Learning, Shallow Water Lifeguarding, Waterpark Skills, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Bloodborne Pathogens Training courses and/or Modules.
Lifeguard Instructor Course Prerequisites:
- Participants must be at least 17 years old.
- They must possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Successfully complete the American Red Cross online session and the pre-course exam before the registered start date ($37 fee for the Red Cross online course)
- The participant is responsible for bringing his or her own Pro-rescuer CPR mask to both days. However, masks can be purchased on-site for a $20.00 fee
To complete the Lifeguard Instructor Course successfully, the participant must:
- Attend all four (4) days of the Lifeguard Instructor Course
- Participate in all skill sessions and scenarios
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and scenarios during the Lifeguard Instructor Course
- Complete all four practice-teaching assignments during the Lifeguard Instructor Course
- Pass the final written exams for Bloodborne Pathogens, Administering Emergency Oxygen, and Instructor Course each with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
** No refunds will be issued to participants who do not complete any prerequisites or course requirements **
What to bring:
- Proof of age
- Proof of your completed online course work
- Proof of your current American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Bathing suit
- Paper and pen to take notes
- Lunch or lunch money
- Pro-rescuer CPR mask (available for purchase on-site)
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor